Friday, June 7, 2013

Finding Happiness

A lot has changed since this blog first came about. In the past two years, we were married and are now going through a divorce. It's crazy and completely unexpected - but after all of the dust settles, we will both find happiness elsewhere someday.

Austin and I have always been different. From basic social interactions with friends to the types of movies we like - we've always had to find balance which in turn, I thought was balancing ourselves as individuals. Bringing us to a more middle road with a better understanding of those that were opposite - at least that's what I thought. We will always love each other. I don't doubt that - That's what happens when you've been together as long as we have. It's just time for us to live the life we deserve to have, with the love and happiness we both want. That's all I will write about concerning our relationship - now it's time for me to focus on me and my new mission in life, which is finding my own happiness within.

Seems like a fairly easy thing to do - especially for someone like me who is rarely caught without a smile. This however, scares me more than any other thing I have tried to accomplish in life. It seems more difficult than living abroad in a country I've never traveled to. I've never had to be on my own before, I've never had to decide for myself what I want to eat or who I want to spend time with. Sure I was single throughout most of high school but in those years you're more concerned with your friends than anything else. So what now? I recently got my own apartment - yes, you read that, my own place. Living alone in itself is going to be hard but luckily for me, my sister and Jenn are here for my first month to help me.

So what's my plan? How do I find happiness? I honestly have no idea right now - and everywhere I look seems like a dead road. So looks like I'm going to have to find new roads to travel. I'm lucky enough to have friends and family supporting me and pushing me to laugh again. And most importantly, I have Recon <3. He's always reminding me to love and trust.

Here's to finding happiness :)




No comments:

Post a Comment