Thursday, June 13, 2013

Traditions

I spent some time this morning talking to one of my favorite people at work. He is a retired Major from the Marine Corps and served in the Vietnam War - He and I talk a lot about family, the Corps, and just overall life. He tells me stories about his time in the Marines and I share with him my happenings with my marines now. I think the Major knows more about Drue, Jason B, Jason K, Kristal and Stefan than he ever cared to know. He knows their MOS, their goals and ambitions. I'm constantly sharing with him new Marine Corps facts I've learned from my friends :) Major knows that my Dad and Brother thank every veteran they meet and that I'm learning to ride a motorcycle. I actually think Major knows just about everything going on in my life. Mike - thank you for your service, your stories about life, and for listening to mine.

This morning we were chatting about my family and traditions. I had told him the stories of my dad and mom never missing a Valentine's Day for us. A rose from dad and card and chocolate from mom. I realize how much something as simple as that has made me who I am. I love the little things; and making traditions out of them is even better. I told him about my family beach trip every year and how i'm looking forward to going this year. I can't wait to see my cousins, and give my little "nephews" (C&C) a hug.

After we finished chatting I realized how excited I am to go home for a while and how thankful I am that I have the family I have. I haven't always realized how lucky I am to get a rose on Valentine's Day from my dad, or that my mom STILL hides Easter Eggs for us, my sister drives cross-country to cook her big sister dinner, or have my brother tell me "it's going to be okay Amanda." And if that wasn't amazing enough, I am blessed with aunts, uncles, cousins, and a grandma who would all do the same things :)

So here's to traditions, my marines, and more importantly, my family.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you. I just wanted to know where to ship it since I know now to keep producing it





    Reconciliation Accounting

    ReplyDelete